NAEMT First On Scene
As a community responder or when acting in a similar role, you will be first on the scene of an emergency event where a person’s life is in danger and you must act before EMS arrives. Students in this course will learn how to provide immediate care like CPR, administering epinephrine, controlling life-threatening bleeding injuries and other skills to mitigate injuries and casualties. As a student, you will leave this course with confidence in yourself and your team to assist in an emergency, limiting tragic fatalities.
First on the Scene (FOTS), developed by NAEMT and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC), provides instructors with a toolkit to teach the general public basic emergency response to life-threatening emergencies until EMS arrives on the scene.
- In a life-threatening emergency, EMS and first responders may not be on scene right away. Through the lesson presentations and hands-on skill stations this course will provide, students will learn how to access emergency response and how to provide immediate care while waiting for first responders and/or EMS to arrive.
- During this course, Flying Aces will ensure all students become confident with basic aid in all of the following:
- Activating the 911 system
- Hands-only CPR and AED
- Administering naloxone
- Administering epinephrine
- Controlling life-threatening bleeding
- Attending to penetrating chest trauma
- Moving patients to safety
- Positioning injured patients to promote free-breathing and comfort.
- With their real-world experiences and combined knowledge, the Flying Aces Instructors will provide you the knowledge basis and skill set to respond to life-threatening emergencies prior to the arrival of EMS on scene.
- With the life-saving skills learned, Flying Aces will help you build confidence in yourself and your team to assist in a life-threatening emergency prior to the arrival of emergency personnel, limiting your organization’s liability.
Why Flying Aces
Flying Aces is a strategic consulting group specializing in tactical training and preparing you to deal with a wide array of critical incidents. We use our expertise to help you navigate the complexities of critical incident response and management. With over 100 years of combined law enforcement & emergency medical experience, our team specializes in making your team perform at their best.
WE PREPARE FOR EVERYTHING, SO YOU HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT NOTHING.
FLYING ACES CONSULTING