Mental Health Management
Mental health management, particularly in the workplace, has never been more crucial for the success of an organization. Suffering from emotional distress may lead to a mental health crisis resulting in volatile behavior and an unstable environment. If you are a first responder, you regularly communicate with distressed people while operating in the field, assessing and performing treatment when help is needed and you need to perform these functions safely. With this course, students will learn how to recognize pre-incident indicators and identify behavioral disorders. Using role-playing drills, participants will learn how to recognize indicators of a person in crisis and how to use effective communication to increase the chances of a healthy and safe resolution. At the conclusion of this class, emergency care providers will have more confidence in identifying behavioral disorders when interacting with distressed people resulting in the safety and protection of everyone.
- This 1-day course is designed for members of an organization to be able to recognize and interact with subjects suffering from emotional distress that they may interact with professionally as well as in employees that work alongside your team.
- The ability to communicate with a person experiencing a mental health crisis is paramount. Flying Aces will help members of your organization recognize pre-incident indicators to mental distress as well as be able to identify different behavioral disorders such as schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder.
- During the class, through lecture and live role-playing drills and scenarios, students will learn the keys to effective communication such as “I” statements, emotional labeling and additional topics such as sympathy vs empathy as well a basic understanding of different medication to treat mental health to assist in the identification of an existing disorder.
- Mental health is essential to everyone’s overall health. Flying Aces aims to give this broad overview to any first responder or emergency care provider as well as a member of any other organization that recognizes the need for mental health management training for their team.
- At the conclusion of class, your team will increase the wellness and overall safety of fellow team members while learning techniques to communicate with distressed people professionally when operating in the field. With this course, health and safety will improve within your organization resulting in the reduction of liability.
Why Flying Aces
Flying Aces is a strategic consulting group specializing in tactical training and preparing you to deal with a wide array of critical incidents. We use our expertise to help you navigate the complexities of critical incident response and management. With over 100 years of combined law enforcement & emergency medical experience, our team specializes in making your team perform at their best.
WE PREPARE FOR EVERYTHING, SO YOU HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT NOTHING.
FLYING ACES CONSULTING